Naming Day Ceremonies
“The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.”
Welcoming a new baby to this world is one of the greatest joys you can experience. A Baby Naming Day is a beautiful opportunity to bring your closest family and friends together to celebrate new life.
If you are considering a Ceremony without religious tradition, a Naming Ceremony is the perfect way to acknowledge and officially welcome their little ones into the world, without the religious obligations… A Baby Naming Ceremony is the perfect way to do this!
Your Naming Day ceremony will be individually designed & written for your family and can be a wonderful way to recognize someone who will be a guiding light in your child’s life such as a godparent or a mentor.
As there are no legal requirements, you can include absolutely anything in your ceremony. You can be as creative, bold and innovative as you like, and best of all, you can be true to yourselves and let the ceremony reflect your personalities, your styles and your family values.
Naming Ceremony Celebrant
As your Naming Ceremony celebrant I’ll be there to guide you at every step of the way & provide a portfolio of poetry, readings and music to assist with your selections for the day.
As well as a beautifully written ceremony your child will receive a certificate they will cherish for a lifetime & a printed copy of your ceremony.
Naming Day Ceremony Ideas
Here are some ideas of what might be included in a Naming Day Ceremony:
- A story about the child’s life so far, and some of the cute personality traits you've already noticed (and perhaps acknowledge relatives who may have passed down some traits from the gene pool).
- History of child’s name (and/or middle names) including why you chose it.
- Appoint life guides, godparents, mentors, supporting persons, guide parents, and mention why these particular people were chosen.
- Make special promises/vows/wishes (from parents, life guides, siblings, grandparents, all the guests – whoever you like!).
- Seal a time capsule and keep it safe until the child’s 18th or 21st birthday.
- Perform a symbolic ritual (eg. light a candle, make a wish and release a balloon/blow bubbles).
- Have a talented guest sing a song.
- Open the floor to allow guests to speak.
Call me to discuss your baby’s special day… 0437 895 328.
Ready to find out more?
Contact me today for more information!